Sunday, April 09, 2006

this doesn't mean cedar falls and i are friends yet

Luke and I did a little exploring yesterday. We started at Soho to try out the Cedar Falls sushi situation. It was a little sloppy (I really wanted to get behind the counter and do it myself) but it was quite tasty. Next we checked out the bead store to do a little research for Jess's bouquet project. We headed down to Cup of Joe to pick up an application (more on that later) and grabbed one next door at Vintage Iron Co. as well. We strolled down to the new kitchen store and saw that they were hiring too! What luck! The kitchen store was great, they even had the collapsible measuring cups and fancy avacado tool I want to have when I grow up and live in the tiny, urban, ultra-modern house mentioned in a previous post. They had samples of everything and even a great apron selection. I would love to work at any of those places, perhaps all of them. In a moment of inspiration, we went to Kim's Oriental Foods and picked up some sushi-making supplies (even some cool chopsticks!).

After all of this downtown business we went and picked up Riley to take her to the park. After a heated argument with a lady who was obviously just bitter that her dogs are ugly and mine is awesome, I went over to confirm that the artsy girl reading a book by the fence was in fact Amy from junior high. We caught up for a little while as Luke did that thing he does where he throws a ball to Riley but then runs after it himself to see if he can beat her to it. Amy wrote her digits on my hand and promised future dog park dates, which I can't wait for. Amy was the first person to only call me "Ange" and I called her "Aims" and she's the coolest person ever.

The menu and cool water glass

rollin it up

our spread, mid-devour
cool journals at vintage iron co.
our at-home supplies
okay, i admit it. we went to peek-a-boo baby
Today was less exciting. I woke up feeling miserable and pouted about it for most of the morning while my parents were at church. They brought me Panera and then Crissa called, which quickly cheered me up. We strolled around Old Navy, Barnes and Noble and Pier One with Cady and we stopped by my house to pick up a PS2 for her to borrow (she's a gamer now). Then Grey's Anatomy was a repeat, so I'm back to pouting...all alone...with only my sinus pain and post-nasal drip to keep me company.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - totally fun to read your blog today. I LOVE Cedar Falls. Even though you're not officially friends with it - I hope it grows on you!

    Soho is one of my fave restaraunts downtown. They've got great paninis too - you should try 'em. And it's like a little homecoming to read you mentioning all the places I love to shop! I think DTown CF is one of the greatest downtowns. Very fun.

    Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete