Wednesday, April 05, 2006

lucky drops

I picked up the new Dwell Magazine the other day. I have kind of an obsession with tiny, ultra-modern, urban housing and the cover of this month's issue boasted profiles of homes under 1700 square feet. This one is in Japan and was designed by Yasuhiro Yamashita. It goes from 10 feet (a few inches wider than a Hummer) at it's widest, down to 2 1/2 feet at the other end. The flooring is all mesh so the light passes through to each floor. The plastic composite material on the exterior is translucent so that it glows from the inside at night. This site has a lot of detail on this specific house, including the layout. It's called Lucky Drops, I think it's beautiful.



3 comments:

  1. It cries out, "I. Need. Colors!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a great place to house tall annorexics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:11 PM

    i am also mesmorized by this house. thats a great issue of dwell.

    ReplyDelete