Thursday, October 27, 2005

D-R-E-W

Main Event was good. I'm glad I went. Cate came along so we had some good driving time. I'm always secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) afraid that our friendship is just over. Jess and I (and I think Alex) were at Mickey's once and there were these girls there who were obviously out on a "Girl's Night Out" sort of situation. We could kind of hear their conversation and noticed that they were "catching up." I never thought I'd have friendships like that and it's weird that I do now but sometimes it's kind of nice. Alex and I went to the new HOA and talked (without making eye contact because we sat by the window and mutally decided to just people-watch) on Friday. Then Cate and I talked the whole way to Cedar Falls (she didn't even get out her crocheting) although we talked a lot about Canada so of course she was totally focused. I sometimes forget that she's on my side about a lot of stuff and it's so nice to be able to say "so my dad sucks" and for her to have her own opinion on the matter. Hooray for knowing people for like 6 years.

Saturday night my parents hosted dinner for a small group so 8 kids (kids = younger than me) from Nebraska came over. Luke's friend Randy stayed for dinner (and was probably totally freaked out) so 2 of the guys sat with them and we heard the words "meth" and "napalm" more than once, but whatever. Kelly the redhead was really (really) excited to hear that my mom works at John Deere even though she's from Kansas so that shouldn't be impressive. I forgot to ask her about the Wizard of Oz Museum. Matt and Molly were my favorites, they were so great. I think they were both genuinely interested in missions and I was really excited to get to talk to them. I felt like I talked a lot but they had lots of questions so I just kept answering. Molly asked my parents how they felt about this whole thing and Bryan talked for a while about being proud and my mom chimed in with some really profound thoughts on family and committment. Cate totally cried. She's emotionally invested in my family I think. What a fornicator.

On Sunday morning Cate talked to the AIM rep about short term stuff and I gave Molly my email and some AIM info so I hope I hear from her. I think I got more out of Drew's "recap" than I did from the other 3 talks. He's a really funny guy. He mentioned dropping out of his 4th grade spelling bee on the word "chew" which was funny because his name is Drew. I do really enjoy the snazzy videos and school spirit at M.E. and I was really happy to get to see Michelle again and hang out in CF in the fall. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment