Monday, April 07, 2008

an off day

Overwhelmed. I have homework of several varieties and all of it requires actual thought and time commitment. It's raining and I just got a whole pile of new music and I want to make a playlist of the Jose Gonzales and Iron & Wine and lay on my bed but instead i have to like...read...and write...a LOT. I went to school early today to get some studying done and try to get caught up but it ended in disaster. I had a meeting this morning which started with a cup of very strong Kenyan coffee...and then a refill...and then a HUGE mug of smuggled in Starbucks was brought right to me. I mean, how was I supposed to turn it down? It even had the perfect amount of milk already added...it was just for me! All of a sudden I realized that a whole lot of caffeine was pumping through my veins and I hadn't eaten and I started shaking and got all dizzy...yowza. When I got home I turned on music and did arty stuff for almost an hour and refused to think about my to-do list...which was relaxing until it was time to tackle my to-do list. I'm tempted to post it here so you can ask me how it's going but I don't really want to talk about it anymore.

Oh and also, I'm covered in bruises. I fell down the stairs, whacked my head on a piece of wood, and dropped my basket of food from the top shelf directly onto my face in the last 24 hours. The only thing keeping me from taking 14 Tylenol PMs and sleeping until the end of the month is that I get to watch 24 on Wednesday. Oh and also because I only have like 10 Tylenol PMs left and I have to save all of them for the plane ride home next year.

3 comments:

  1. caffeine is a good thing but too much is never a good thing. funny how that works right? p.s. tylenol pm is just tylenol and benadryl. and i might be able to hook kyou up with both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for real?! who knew! why benadryl? is my histamine keeping me awake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is actually a side effect that they are now taking advantage of. A quote from a drug reference guide, "Nervous system side effects have been reported frequently. These have included depression with drowsiness and sedation in nearly all patients treated. Motor skills may be impaired. Dystonic reactions have been reported after single doses of diphenhydramine."

    ReplyDelete