Saturday, February 16, 2008

good morning

My alarm clock is set for approximately 9 minutes before I have to walk out the door in the morning. There are four class session times at my language school and I have been plagued with the unfortunate horror of having the earliest class for months. If it were summer I would be so glad to be up and out the door during the cool of the morning, but when my bedroom temperature hasn't yet risen above 45 degrees it's a very pitiful start to my day.
It is all made possible by this section of my wardrobe. I blindly stumble out of bed and put on whatever things are in this pile of stuff and brush my teeth as I walk down the (45) stairs to the front door.


The good news is that when class is over by 10:30am I have my whole day in front of me and I'm already out of bed! My usual routine is to come home and eat breakfast, usually something involving yesterday's bread. Then I go change into my roof outfit (an exposition of the several outfit changes I make during the day is sure to come) and take my current reading assignment(s) up to the sunny wonderland that is my roof and read for several hours. I usually take breaks to bask with my eyes closed or peek over the wall and check out the construction next door (which would wake me up every morning even if I could sleep in) or watch my neighbors hang their laundry. After reading until I can't stand it anymore I descend and find ways to be productive in other areas of life, kinda.

I wish I were one of those people who wakes up at 6am every morning, regardless of the day's obligations. I enjoy being up early I just hate the waking up part. A lot. Ask any of my former or current roommates, they'll tell you. But the thing is, I hate waking up at 9am just as much as I hate waking up at 6am. Why don't I just change my routine? Ah, the mysteries of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment