Wednesday, December 06, 2006

see, i've been right all this time

There is a category of movies from my childhood that are usually beloved but somehow I've always found them creepy and unsettling. Also in this category? Pete's Dragon and the original Willy Wonka. I can't believe everyone isn't totally freaked out by those movies. I'm sure there are more. Then I remember that my favorite movie growing up was The Neverending Story, which is pretty darn creepy.

Anyway, I found this Mary Poppins mashup on YouTube and then found some other pretty good ones so I thought I'd share.

4 comments:

  1. those are pretty great. i especially love when the music comes on in the shining and the flashing lights in the sleepless in seatle version. i was afraid of the bird lady in mary poppins and the monkeys in the wizard of oz for years. i dont think that i watched either one of those movies again until after i was like 17. great stuff ang. it also explains why i want to see almost every movie i see a preview for. you can make almost anything look good with just clips

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey! so we got your newsletter in the mail! thanks for thinking of us and sending that to me! :)

    we'll be looking it over and asking God to give us more to give more to people like you! either way...we want to stay connected to your life and experience overseas...i'm so excited about it ange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What newsletter? Whats happening? Where are you going? Why didn't you tell me?
    Okay, I'll settle down. But seriously, I would like to be in the "know". Is this about that 500yen joke? Cause I'm sorry it wasn't like 500 dollars... did that cause you to get ferociously angry with me?
    Anyway, love the clips, love the scary mary one... love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes ma'am. i am now the proud writer of a newsletter. hopefully i will be moving to l'afrique in january. shall i add you to the list? send me your info brotha!

    ReplyDelete