Friday, December 22, 2006

ok fine, no nap

I would rather be napping but apparently my mom would rather be vacuuming...so I'll blog.

Here's the rest of my superfuntime weekend. Alex was in town and I was assigned to Alex entertainment duty for Monday morning. The first order of business was to go to the post office to mail some stuff. Kinsey had no idea there was a post office downtown and was pretty upset that she had been walking to the one across from the courthouse all these years. Alex and I thought it was pretty funny and made fun of her all morning. Her response was always, "Are you sure it's been there that whole time? I'm SO MAD!"

We did some shopping, I found these cool pencils made from rolled up Chinese newspapers:Then...(drumroll)....BALDY'S!! My fav-o-rite.
mmm
the only place where i get the same thing every time
(chicken and jack!)i would also like to take a moment to point out that this is kinsey's first cameo in my blog. apparently she's been a secret reader for some time now. i like talking to her about her wedding and she's not too cool to hang out with you. that's all you really need to know about kinsey. (jk)then kinsey went home and we went to the q bar for some afternoon pool. Alex and I used to play pool and have a pitcher of miller lite every wednesday before bible study.
then alex left and i went hoa #1 for some milky tea and was pleased to see that abbie kampman was working. it was so fun talking to her. she's so great. then deedee called and i got to see her and kari and then deedee and i went and got betsy for dinner at quinton's, another favorite.

deedeebetsy
(aparently i only take pictures of people drinking?)
So there it is, yet another successful trip to Iowa City. Perhaps my last for a long long time. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm you found chinese newspaper pencils, or I found them and showed them to you..... :D

    Hooray Iowa City! Hooray being in your Blog!

    I am a bit sad I missed quintons though. I should have just eaten lunch twice. That would have worked, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, looks like so much fun. where were those pencils at those are super cool and I will have to check them out in person.

    ReplyDelete