Wednesday, October 18, 2006

fall is pretty

Fall is beautiful. I think it's pretty great that God made Fall to be such a beautiful time of the year. Who would have thought that a season when everything is dying and falling away would be nothing short of breathtaking. Pretty cool. Alisha and I took our dogs out to Hartman for a walk the other night. It was so pretty. Hartman is pretty great because it's mostly woods but then there's this big prairie area with 7 foot tall grasses an paths mowed out to wander around in. It's fun. The dogs love it (although my mom hates it because Riley comes home and needs a bath immediately).

Riley and Krypto

the dogs disappear for a while and then pop up out of nowherewe used to go on school field trips here. part of it was taking a walk blindfolded so that we would use our other senses to discover . we would have to hold on to this wire fence thing that would guide us to different spots in the woods. it's fun to go to hartman and see the wire i've blindly followed so many times.

Oh and Fall also brings MAIN EVENT! I love it. It'll be sad and weird this year because Cate won't be here but there will be quite a few other people in town and that'll be fun. Betsy is bringing her girls to stay at my house and Jen and Kyle are staying here too. DeeDee and her crew are staying at Kari's but it'll be fun to see them. The AIM rep that will be there this year is Keith Weaver who Kate and I got to know in New York. He's one of the coolest dudes I've ever met. He was the first AIM guy I met at Main Event 3 years ago who first told me about TIMO and (most importantly) prayed for me and my future right then and there. It was seriously life changing. It was a time in my life when I was completely overwhelmed and Weaver really represented God bringing himself into my heart to calm everything down. I was really excited for my family to get to meet him but my mom will be out of town (at Disneyworld with her sisters to be exact) so it might not work out. Weaver has some pretty awesome stories about living in Africa for like 30 years. He had a parrot that could say "Weaver come inside" in his wife's exact voice. One time a giraffe charged at his car and jumped over it! I can't wait to hear more Africa stories. I mean seriously, a giraffe jumped over his car.

4 comments:

  1. perhaps the two of us blogger friends will meet face to face.

    wouldn't that be spectacular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAIN EVENT!! I love it! I was just remembering back to the day when Beautiful Feet lead worship. The Louie Giglio year especially. Were you there!? AMAZING! Is it this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giraffe's are cool but no africa story will ever top the elephants charging. I mean come on, I even illustrated that story for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh... main event. that is a great weekend. where who knows WHAT can happen? after each main event i made a major decision.
    em, i loved the louie year. i got a boyfriend and salvation out of that weekend. woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete