Saturday, June 17, 2006

more fun with kari & deedee

Kari let me tag along with her to Iowa City on Cate's birthday. I was excited to surprise her and take her out for dessert or make a cake or something but she didn't call me back so I didn't get to see her...this is how I filled the void.

We picked up DeeDee and went to meet Josiah and Abigail at the hospital! I was SO excited to get to meet them. We had to kill some time because they were being fed so we wandered around a bit.

We found this great sign in the gift shop.
We used a mirror to line up the shot - I was looking at the camera in the mirror instead of the actual camera.


This dinosaur is from Japan.
He actually belongs to Alex.

Hooray! Abigail and Mama!
(DeeDee was trying to move out of the picture so she's blury)

Ok but seriously. Meeting these kids was so great. I've been so excited for the Kampman's growing family (so excited that it's probably creepy). Even little things like Andy & Jamie talking about picking such meaningful names for them almost brought me to tears. They have served as amazing examples of how to praise the Lord with the good and the bad in life. Joel 2:25 ("I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten") has been a promise that I have had to claim during some hard times in my life and this family is proof of God's faithfulness in restoring the hard times and that prayers are heard. Sorry that I don't have pictures of Josiah. I must have been afraid to take his picture in his little jaundice light house thing. I should have at least documented his cool shades and the trendy low-riding diaper thing he had going on.

And then we found Rachel

who always lets us try on her burqaAnd then there was Twister.

PS- that's Kari playing with Eli and Matt.
A different Eli and Matt.
Weird.

No clue

So yeah. These girls are great. I got to share in their excitement about serving overseas this summer and be encouraged by their general enthusiasm for a whole night. Getting to know them is my favorite. In a lot of ways they're who I wish I would have been...if that makes sense. Oh and Eli's dad has a hermit crab who lives in a tiny Nebraska football helmet. I Googled it to see if I could find a picture of a similar situation but all I found is that PETA isn't happy about it. The one I met didn't seem to care too much so I won't report him.

No comments:

Post a Comment