Friday, June 23, 2006

forgot about these

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go to Chicagoland for Jess's shower. I was just there a couple weeks ago but I never posted the pictures. Before I have another batch of pictures of Jess's pouty face, I should show you the old ones.

Jess & I camped the first night.

we're easy to entertain

So there were a couple bug incidents. One of them involved Jess saying "I killed a spider while you were out there," when I came back into the tent. That's kind of a big deal because Jess hates spiders so I assumed it was a rather small spider. The next morning I found this in the tent which turned out to be a rather LARGE spider. It was all gross and folded up and right by where I slept. You can't tell but the body was about the size of my fist. Seriously it was.
I was on the phone and she was pretending to drive away. She lost interest and just rearranged everything in my car.
That hill back there was marked as a mountain on the map. It was majestic.
Crissa got into town on Saturday to hang out with her friend Katie. She parked at Jess's and we drove her into the city and then had dinner at Artopolis in Greektown. It was so yummy. Lots of things to dip/spread. Eating with the Jess/Eli/Matt crew is always great because we just order a bunch of stuff and share. It's really the best way to dine. Even if it confuses everyone else.
mmmm
The place where we ate had some amazing desserts. We got a couple to share and walked down to the columns to eat them.
We had a white chocolate mousse with fruit stuff and a dark/milk chocolate mousse with genache. Pretty dang tasty. Oh that poking the food is the other thing we do. It's just to check and make sure the temperature is right.
The real reason for my visit was to do some wedding stuff. Below is the makings of her bouquet. It's going to be so great.
We also got the wedding and shower invitations printed and sent. Jess refused to take a nice picture of envelope stuffing until I yelled at her and said "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE ONLY PICTURE OF YOU STUFFING YOUR WEDDING ENVELOPES! BE HAPPY!" Which worked. Clearly. Or she was just excited because that one was mine. Addressed to "ange" which my mom thought was a typo.
We caught Eli snacking. He never snacks. And when he does snack he insists that it's something "substatial" (we got in a pretty fierce debate regarding fruit snacks once). It must have been a weak moment.Alex came to hang out too. She took lots of pictures of herself in the car.

And one of Jess making the pouty face.
the end.

7 comments:

  1. What's Eli's last name? He looks awefully familiar....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in a F-I-G-H-T! The Atropolis in Greektwon is seriously like 3 blicks from me and you never called!?!?! I called Mayor Daley and he is NOT letting you back into the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace! I don't have your number!! I tried calling Dan to get it and he was in Brazil or something. I'm coming back this weekend so give me your number or call me (404-1404). You'd better put on your Yahtzee face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His last name is Steenlage. You may have seen him here -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnN4DMy07A

    He's rather famous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ange-
    I have Sunday totally free.
    My digits are 312.231.3204(cell) and 312.226.1050(land line).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be weird - but did Eli grow up in Boone or the area? I know his mom and dad - they go to my church in Boone. Actually, I think they are moving up to South Dakota to live on the Rez. Anyway - I remember him speaking at our church about his overseas trip..maybe to Uganda or something like that?

    It's a tiny, tiny world. Anyway - cool posts. I like how you make your life a story to share! It's fun to read. You have cool adventures and eat cool items and spend time in unique places. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched that video...FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete