Friday, May 05, 2006

put me in coach


I signed up for my new team! I don't really know much about it, though. I know that there's another single girl from the east coast and that's about it. I got the financial report today and I'm hoping to hear from the team leaders soon. I think I have to get approved for the team first, but I'm not sure. The TIMO website was updated with more information.



I updated my excel spreadsheet and I'm almost 90% done with my outgoing target! 90%! I still need a lot of monthly supporters (I'm only at 35% there) but I still have over 7 months for that to happen. Praise God! I'm so excited. More joy than I've felt in quite a while. It's been a really hard season these past few months but spring has brought so much hope and it feels so good to be getting out of that dark place. Hoo. Ray.

5 comments:

  1. So is missionary support considered like tithing? Not to sound cheap, but instead of giving to a church could I just send the money to you and be done? Is that cheating God?


    ...and why is there a handicap symbol next to the word verification?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i am so excited for you. i just watched the latest ER for the second time, and it just makes me want to go back to Africa. i am so conflicted about that kind of stuff right now. "that kind of stuff" i define as me personally going overseas. :) i am still down with my commitment. do i need a card or something?

    alex, if you scroll over the handicap sign it says "listen and type the numbers you hear." i think it is for blind people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:59 AM

    i totally wondered about the handicapp sign too-
    swope send us a letter dude-

    jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. how is a blind person going to find that tiny little button on a screen that they can't see? and it seems strange for it to be for reading impared people because they wouldn't know how to read the instructions. i don't get it. except that maybe people just have trouble with the squiggly letters? weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man...that is AWESOME! What an exciting opportunity....

    That gets my blood flowing for the week! I'm excited for your opportunity! Do you know yet where in North Africa you'll be heading?

    I'm excited for ya...

    ReplyDelete