Friday, May 05, 2006

brrr


What is with this weather? It's been raining all week and yesterday it was finally sunny, when I was busy all day being inside! Although being inside when it's nice out always makes whatever you're doing indoors feel a little bit more important because nice weather is the same as having something better to do, therefore making the inside thing more exciting. Or just more annoying, however you look at it. So of course today when I have nothing to do but play outside it's cold and cloudy. At least it's not raining, I guess I can be thankful for that.

In other news:

Alex came to visit! Hooray! We played with our new phones, made my brother sit on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse for his birthday, and went to a church potluck.

Church potluck? Yes. A guy from Nigeria was visiting my parent's church yesterday to talk about an educational partnership between the Nigerian and Iowan Methodist churches. It was so good to talk to him and hear about Africa. I cried twice during his little talk thing. It was so good just to hear his accent. I made African food and it was funny to hear the old ladies trying to figure out what couscous was ("Is it some sort of grain? It's definitely not barley. It can't be pasta can it?").

No comments:

Post a Comment