Wednesday, December 28, 2005

kick you in the head and send you back to bed

merry christmas. i've forgotten to post recently because it's the holidays which means a) no one is ever online and b) no one ever updates their blogs. seriously folks, throw me a bone here.

i live at home now. the only thing that has kept me alive is that i got a snazzy new ipod for jesusmas and i've been playing with it constantly. and i do mean constantly. i finally figured out a reliable way to get pictures on the dang thing, after lots of error messages and having to leave the room at least twice. now i just have to get the snaps from my yahoo photos account on there and we'll be all set. i still can't figure out the video stuff. for some reason i assume that alex will be able to solve all of my iproblems because she has an ibook now...so far this assumption has been false.

my room is all unpacked. and not even in a panicked "shove stuff anywhere it's hidden" way. like, actually unpacked. there's a massive trip to goodwill in my future. today i went to bed at 7:30pm because i was sick of listening to my mom and brother argue about how to deal with our teething dog. i woke up at 1am and now i'm not tired. lame.

more about living at home:

lots and lots of things drive my mom crazy. most of them are not preventable. one of them is that when hairs fall out of my head and land on the floor, they are visible. my hair is long and dark and when she sees one laying on the floor, she picks it up, shows it to me, mutters a complaint, and throws it away...every time. i do my best to brush my hair or put it up when i'm at home to prevent this from happening but stray hairs are inevitable. i've become ultra-sensitive now and can feel when there are loose hairs on my shirt so that i can catch them before they fall on the floor.

my brother secretly stays up until like 3am. when i mentioned this to my mom she was convinced that he should be restricted from the internet that late at night (which is probably true) because "the only people he could possibly be talking to are perverts." that was the first time i'd heard the word "perverts" in a really long time.

there are still stars on the ceiling from when luke and i switched rooms, but not directly above the bed because those are the ones i could reach to take off. 6 months later, i really wish i would have left them up.

that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment