Sunday, November 20, 2005

i can take a road that'll see me through

I thought this weekend would be my last trip to Chicago before I leave. That may not be true. A trip next weekend to catch Andrew Bird is in the works. Here's what went down this time:

Thursday Luke and I went to 24-7 but he sat by Cate, Holly and Rachel because I sat next to my New Orleans girls whom I miss like crazy. I talked about the trip and felt old when I got cheered for because I've been around so long. Johnson asked me to commission Andy's team and I almost cried because he hugged me and it was so cute.

Friday we got up early and drove into Chicago to see the new Harry Potter on IMAX. It was pretty awesome. It was way huge and I'm excited to see it on a screen that I can see all at once. Luke and I grabbed coffee and moved my car from its $22 parking spot and waited for Jess, Eli and Alex. We ate at a diner that was moonlighting as a discotech, dropped of Alex, met up with Elia at an art show that I can't find the website for and then walked to Michigan Ave. to see the Christmas windows.

The holidays are definitely here. I'm listening to Nick Drake, taking pictures of christmas lights and shopping for a new coat. And I'm so excited to see Rent. And I wish I could afford to go to Wicked. And now I have to finish making dinner for my family.

As always, here are some pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment