Wednesday, September 21, 2005

lord, give me a reaction, lord give me a chance

i decided that i'm done arguing with people about organic food. it's just silly. it's not even that i care that much, but sometimes it's easy to get me...passionate. i think this is mostly because i can't handle it when people don't let me finish sentences. if you want to argue with me, just don't let me finish my sentences. i think that's the only reason i even do this blog thing- because no one can interupt me. i'll listen politely and maybe even pretend that i haven't heard 40 other people whine about spending 2 extra bucks on a gallon of milk, but i'm done arguing about it. you can even tell me that you're going to use the money you save on pesticided food to save dying babies in china and i'll say "good job" and won't even look at you like you're lying.

from this point on, my only stance on the issue is that it shouldn't even be an issue. large production farming should have never corrupted the way we feed people and our greed is just a result of living in a fallen world. we were never meant to have to make decisions like this. i admit that it was over-dramatic, but when i yelled "this issue is dividing the church, and when we argue about it, satan is winning" quite loudly in the kitchen at work last night, i think i was right.

so don't be offended when i say "no thanks" to your chocolate milk, i just don't want cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment