Monday, August 29, 2005

the wierdest day ever

So Kate comes over wednesday night to help me finish painting my room. Of course the 5 gallon bucket of paint is almost empty so I had to run to Lowes to get more paint but we got done by 12 and I finished moving everything in the apartment off of the carpet. I felt like I was getting ready for a flood. I figured the carpet guys would come around 9 so it was ok that I stayed up until like 2. Then my phone rings at 7am and it's the carpet guy and he's there. I was so sad. I threw on jeans and brushed my teeth and went to the coffeehouse and wrote my financial appeal for like 6 hours and watched the coffeehouse guys talk about how long I've been there (and probably how greasy my hair is because I'm unshowered). I have no idea how long it takes for one random guy (and his handlebar mustache) to carpet my entire apartment so I call Kate and go shower at her house and help her do laundry and pack. I'm so jealous that she's packing, except for the fact that she bought a horrible preschool teacher denim jumper...it's so gross but she loves it and that's why i love her.

Vicki called to see if I could come into work early which I really didn't want to do but I did. I ran home to change my shoes and the carpet was done but the guy had knocked down one of the shelves in my closet so about 2/3 of my belongings were strewn about. It was so sad. I didn't even change my shoes, I just went to work...where I stayed 3 hours late. But I did leave and go to Fareway to buy chocolate syrup for Baxter and Welt to make chocolate milk. I love those boys. We decided that we were the Naomi's Kitchen Dream Team and that there should be a draft. The rest of the evening was spent deciding how to rate employees and what our shirts should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment