Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm done.

Get me out of here. Why am I here? I never really thought about it before because the only other option was home and that's just not really an option. So what if there were other options? I mean there really aren't so it's not actually a possibility, I'm definitely going to stay in Iowa City, but now I'm thinking about it all the time and it's making me feel discontented and worthless. I'm sitting here at an almost empty coffehouse. It was so easy to find a seat. It's not supposed to be like that. I'm supposed to stand akwardly looking for an open chair while everyone facing south glances up without staring, feeling a bit smug that they already paid their dues and stood waiting.

A guy just came in and sat right by me and he's wearing a shirt that matches my shoes but his shoes are gray and falling apart. The barista just brought him his fancy pink smoothie. I wonder if he would have ordered a girly drink when this place was full of sorority girls whispering giggles while they turned the pages of their communications textbooks.

What's with the holding patterns all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment