Friday, November 05, 2004

i voted for kerry

i feel as if i should confess. this feeling is silly. i know 4 people who both voted for kerry and love jesus. their names are kate, alex, jess and tyler. i've gotten over feeling guilty for my vote. I've come to terms with being a democrat but it seems no one else has. everyone around me voted for Bush (because I live in a bubble) and they therefore assume that I did too, I say nothing to correct them. here is why I voted liberally:

lesser of two evils: kerry hadn't earned my trust, he might be a little shady; bush outright broke my trust, this somehow seemed harder to overlook.

war sux: jess says that war kills more people that abortion which may or may not be true, either way killing dads is sad too. bush said even though his inteligence said there were no wmds in iraq but he'd follow his same course of action (even though he said these weapons were his reason for invading iraq) i think he was either lying or not to be trusted with decisons about whether to or not to go to war.

losing friends is no good: as i prepare to be an american citizen overseas, i'd selfishly prefer to protect the name of america on foreign soil as much as possible and in my overseas experience in the past 4 years, no one likes a bully.

the economy blows

healthcare should be free

bush says he's a "man of god"... so does my dad: i don't think he really gets it, i do agree that your faith should influence your political stance, but so much stuff isn't just up to the president that i can't just go with that reason. we have a messed up system and no one has it all figured out.


ps - i love driving under that railroad bridge in ic right when a train goes by above the road, i get scared every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment