Thursday, August 13, 2009

settle.

Well hello.

So. Pending happenings unpredictable, I have moved into a residence where I will stay for more than six months! That's a record in '09! Five. Five moves in six months. Whew. There are still some little things to be done, I have to get a few more things from my parent's house and maybe acquire a bookshelf, but I'm more here than anywhere else and that's saying something. I have three amazing new roommates* who have welcomed me into their family, even though the first weeks have been a bit crazy. I feel like I've been busy and running around all the time but without anything to show for it, which makes me feel anxious. Although that in itself is telling of my personality I guess, that I need to have tangible evidence of what I've been doing instead of being able to see and appreciate the deepening relationships that are the result of my running from place to place, stopping only for ice and sparklers. Lots of laughter, many conversations and hours of latte-making have filled the last months. Can't really ask for much more.

My mom just mentioned that since moving to Iowa City she's heard from me less often than when I moved to North Africa. Oops. A lesson in intentionality in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment