Wednesday, March 25, 2009

let the wild rumpus start

I got a little emotional when I found out that they're making a movie of Where The Wild Things Are. (And by "they" I mean Spike Jonze!) My brother Travis used to read that book to me over and over. There is a photograph somewhere of him laying on his stomach, me sitting on his back (our usual position) with the book spread out in front of us. There's another similar picture that includes my brother Steven, who added roars and tried to scare me.

I was in my room today and heard something wonderful and familiar from downstairs. I went to the staircase and confirmed that it was "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire. I asked my mom what she was watching and she said it was a movie trailer for "some movie" and I got to Googlin'. Apparently today was the release of the trailer. I can't wait.




The real kicker is that I also found out today that the movie comes out on October 16th. The day Travis died. It's like they knew.

1 comment:

  1. 1. i am going to be SO SAD that we can't go to this together.

    2. i'm thankful they made it.

    3. dave eggers co-wrote it and i heard it's going to be controversial

    4. i want to see the picture of you and travis

    5. arcade fire? seriously? this movie is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete