Monday, November 27, 2006

hi there.

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. Life has been pretty full these past couple weeks. I got to go to Chicagoland for a few days right before Thanksgiving which was really really good. I didn't take enough pictures (what was i thinking?!) but I'll post the ones I have as soon as I get my camera out of the abyss of my car. I had to work on Thanksgiving. I was supposed to open and then be done around noon, in plenty of time to have Thanksgiving with my family but instead I covered for someone who was scheduled wrong so I totally missed family time. I know I'll get to see everyone at Christmas time but it was a little weird to completely pass over Thanksgiving. When I got home everyone was gone and my parents were napping so I microwaved some sweet potatoes and pouted...but only for a few minutes because i had to go to bed immediately to be at work by 4am for "early morning shoppers" of which there were approximately 5. Ok enough with the pity party, I love my job and was happy to help out when needed and I'm glad I got to eat sweet potatoes. Oh and the funny story of the year is that my cousin walked into the wrong house on Thanksgiving. He looked around, didn't recognize anyone, got confused, turned around and left. Pretty funny.

Now between work shifts I'm filling out paperwork, getting a new birth certificate and a replacement social security card, filling out immigration forms and sending packages to Kate with last minute "America" stuff before I won't be able to anymore. I'm really thankful to be living at home during all of this because the little things that could potentially stress me out (or at least just annoy me) are just taken care of. When my printer is out of ink I can just run to the basement for a new one, there are always stamps and envelopes, sometimes my laundry is even finished for me and waiting by the stairs when I abandoned it in the dryer after grabbing clean work pants and running out the door (after I put them on). Pretty nice.

Ok that's all for this sad excuse for a blog. I'll make it up to you, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment