Thursday, September 07, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Isn't it funny that I'm always posting about things a week after they happen? Labor Day weekend was spent mostly on my uncle's boat on Lake Michigan. It was exactly what I wanted to do for a long weekend. I love the lake so much. When we weren't on the lake we were hanging out on the docks either trying to catch catfish, playing Rook (a cardgame that I always associate with Norweigans because my stepdad's side of the family plays it all the time), and eating. I caught a HUGE fish off the dock but it was too big for the pole I was using and he got away. When I reeled in the line both of the 2 hooks (the whole hook, not just the bait!) were gone. I kept trying and for a while so did the guys on the boat next to us and I told them that if they caught a fish with two hooks in its mouth they had to give it to me. We eventually gave up emptyhanded.

This is my grandma and Kassidy, who everyone thinks is my daughter. Kassidy and I were best friends all weekend. We built lots of sand castles and played with worms and took naps on the boat. She liked it when I wrapped her up in her blanket so she couldn't move, as seen below.

We were there for the Tri-State Regatta (hundreds and hundreds of sailboats go from Michigan City to Benton Harbor and then on to Chicago). Sometimes the boats had their flags up and it was really beautiful.Woo! Going fast on the lake!

The jetskis like it when we go fast from the pier.
You can't see all of the sailboats in this picture. There were so many. You can kind of see the white specks on the horizon, those are the sailboats. Some of them even had colored sails!

This is Luke (and Uncle Bernie) reeling in what would be "the one that got away." We're notorious for coming to the lake and never catching any fish. I think we caught one once but that was it. It makes my uncle feel really bad but that's okay because he's a Vikings fan.So that was my mini-vacation. I finished reading Wicked (definitely weird) and found New Lenox, IL and bought the 3rd season of Arrested Development. Hopefully it was one of the last times that I have to sit in the backseat and watch my stepdad's horrible driving, but probably not. The end.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela Swope, Check This Out! It has nothing to do with your post, but it's cool.

    http://www.theyummies.com/

    Watch the promo video. It's funny. This is the guy, Ray Young Chu that I knew in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete