Tuesday, September 26, 2006

football schmootball

Last weekend I went to Iowa City for the Iowa State game because I'm a huge Hawks fan and can't imagine missing one exciting minute of the biggest game of the season.

seriously.

Okay so maybe I just went to hang out. Since Rachel and her couch are gone (rude) I decided to camp out for the weekend. Friday I got to hang out and have lunch with DeeDee and Alex (who are pretty much the same person as it turns out) and then meet up with Cate for the evening. We went to Target and got some big kid juice boxes (they have four-packs of wine that comes in little juice box things. you're supposed to pour it into a cup but we just poked a straw right in there).



Alex came to hang out and brought some Pumpkin Ale from Trader Joe's. It's super tasty.

Alex found how to change the shutter settings on my camera.Cate dropped me off downtown to meet up with Tim. Downtown was crazy, it was so awesome. We didn't stay downtown but we did go to Hy-Vee for tailgating supplies (beer) and then went to park the car (at 2am) in the lot. About 3 hours later it was time to wake up and head out.

Woo Tailgating
sunrise, bean bags and High Life

You'll notice that I don't have any more pictures of tailgating because right after this picture was taken we started walking back and forth to different people's tailgates and didn't stop until game time. It would have been more fun if I would have known any of the people or gotten to talk to anyone or had a few beers (or hours of sleep). By the time the game started I was really cranky and didn't care (at all) about the game so I went back to the campsite and took the best nap of my entire life. I woke up and showered and felt so great. I woke up in time to listen to the end of the game and then the post game show. I headed downtown and called a couple people and got to see Betsy and Eli and Cate and Megan all in one afternoon! I even got to go to HOA! It turned out to be an awesome day.

Later that evening Cate and I were too tired to go to a movie so we went back to the farmhouse and had a(nother) camp fire. At one point Noel said "I wish we had some sparklers" and I remembered that I still had some in my car so we got them out. I love that Noel is fun and playful.

Noel

CateWe decided to see what would hapen if we threw them into the fire.
Results? PRETTY DANG COOL!

When I was getting ready to go back to the campsite Cate pointed out that the weather was starting to look pretty bad so we went (with Noel's brother) and took down the tent in the middle of the night and then we had a sleepover (meaning that Noel slept on the couch instead of me). It was great. Sunday morning was the beginning of Leg Two of the mini vacation. It started off really well when I went to clean out the car and slammed the trunk on a carton of soy milk which squirted out all over. More to come, don't worry.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:09 PM

    I'll have you know that I was in town this past weekend, but I figured you probably didn't want to make the trek down plus Holly made you visit her so you already heard all about Phoenix. And most importantly the couch is now in some Taiwanese girls apartment in Hawkeye Court. So if you want to visit the couch I know where it is. I bet she would let you nap on it, she seemed really nice!

    ReplyDelete