Tuesday, May 09, 2006

back to the woods

I have begun to love Sundays. This week I went to Orchard Hill church in the morning. It's a lot like Parkview so it's familiar and nice. It's also where I went to church in high school so I ran into some people and it was really good to catch up with them. Luke came with me, it was fun to be there with him. After church I went over to Alisha's to paint her house. Painting, especially outside, is one of my favorite things to do. I think I've probably posted about this before, but oh well. It just feels so good to clean something up and make it clean and fresh and nice. And when you're outside and the sun is shining and people are outside enjoying their Sundays also...it's just so nice. After painting (really only priming actually) I took Riley out to Hartman Reserve. I love it there.

It was green and beautiful. Hartman has a pretty good canopy going, so when it's sunny out everything is lit in this yellow-green color. Everywhere you look it's beautiful, with steep hills covered in moss and prairies and deep woods. We saw tons and tons of deer, too. Oh, and I wore a hat this time. There will not be another tick incident. Here's proof:


Here's a cool tree we found when we got off the trail:

from the inside:
Then after the hike, I dropped Riley off and went to Abundant Life. I was a little nervous because I was still in my painting clothes and it was only my second time there. It was fine. It has already started to feel really comfortable there. I think that's a good sign. I met a woman Angela who I think is starting a small group that I can hopefully join. It's so good to be in a church situation again and I'm so glad that it's a situation that's challenging and new. This new season could be really good. The last one was pretty icky. Oh! I almost forgot. Brotha got hooked up!


Brooks (Abundant Life pastor) and his wife took Alisha and I out to dinner last week and we talked about church planting and home churches and stuff and I asked if he'd ever read Organic Church. He said he had and that it was good and I mentioned that I'd been hoping to read it and have heard great things about it. Sunday morning as soon as I walked in he ran over and grabbed his copy and gave it to me! Woo! I'm so excited. I'm still in the introduction but I can't wait to dive in.

3 comments:

  1. Did you wear a tricorner hat? Because in the picture it totally looks like that. And now I have the stupid tricorner hat song stuck in my head. In the original german... Mein Hut es hat drei ecken, drei ecken hat mein Hut. Und hat es nicht drei ecken, es ist nicht mein Hut. or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of those corners is my hair. which is no longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to dialogue about the book. I'm still in the first few chapters - I keep reading and re-reading....but I want to keep moving forward!

    It'd be good to discuss with you if interested.

    ReplyDelete