Thursday, April 27, 2006

this is what spring is for

I left to take Riley on a walk this afternoon and it turned into a 5 hour excursion. We went to the Greenbelt, one of my favorite places. This time of year there are bluebells everywhere. There are patches of them everywhere you look, it's just beautiful. I took lots and lots of pictures and most of them are only good when they're big, but I posted a few of them here anyway.

they go on forever

i found a white one!

i love the woods



happy feet

At some point I gashed open my toe (without noticing) but I washed it off and it got recoverd in a thick layer of grime (see above). It was a pretty great afternoon. After I'd already been there for about 3 hours I called Alisha and she brought Krypto, who tried (not very successfully) to teach Riley to swim. Then her parents brought Flash and we walked some more. I should have stretched for a while after such a long hike but instead I curled up in a chair and fell asleep for an hour or so. My leg muscles were not so happy with this decision. Alisha said there was another great place to see the bluebells, hopefully we'll get out there and try to find it before they all go away. I guess this is another thing I have to add to the "Things I Don't Hate About Living in Cedar Falls" list. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment