Thursday, March 30, 2006

when the rain comes

it's raining! like, for real raining. the first real splashing through the window screens, lightening from both sides of the house, waiting for the thunder, storm of the year. pretty great. i realized something today when i sat at my computer facing the window in my room to listen to the rain and check on some blogs. when i moved in and set up my room, i arranged everything exactly how it was in my room in iowa city as some sort of comfort element, in desperation that sometimes i could forget that i was away from iowa city and in my parent's house (this has yet to happen). this arrangement called for all of my computer stuff (power cords, speakers, etc) to be plugged into the outlet under the window because that's where the best (stolen) wireless connection was in my room in iowa city. funny thing is, this is the exact worst place for the wireless signal in my house, second perhaps to inside the bathtub. i would be getting a better signal in the middle of my front yard. i have no intention of rearranging though; the view from this window is quite nice, mostly because there isn't a clear view into a bedroom window in the apartment building next door. our back door neighbor is a lovely widow named Carol who takes pictures of my dog playing in the back yard and stands along the fence to chat with the four-year-old next door and the nearest window can only be seen through the tree in my back yard. sometimes i do miss spying, though...although there is a telescope within arm's reach...but i won't go there. okay i'm going to go back to blog reading. i'm sure i'll be back with my findings.

until then, here's a funny accidental picture of my grandma:

No comments:

Post a Comment