Monday, August 29, 2005

pictures from kansas city!

I went to KC to meet Amanda who will be my roommate in Sheffield. We also met Peter and Judith who are from Sheffield. They were in town for a wedding and brought us pictures and told us all about Sheffield and took us to the fair. We saw cloggers and pig races and lots of animals who aren't from the Missouri area. There was not a butter cow. They taught the bears lots of tricks which they called "behaviors," including saluting our troops in Iraq....yep. The tigers were from India but performed to the music from the Lion King. We went out for BBQ and then back to the hotel to learn all about Sheffield and get excited and then realize that we still have to wait four months. rude.

Sunday I drove to Omaha really early to go to church with Matt. We went to this guy's house for frozen pizza for lunch and listened to Matt talk about movies. It was this old house where guys who love Jesus live and love Jesus together. It was pretty a pretty cool situation, they lived together really intentionally and there was accountability and all that jazz. It was good. Then I hung out with Bryan while Matt went on a date. I got a campfire mocha at Caribou Coffee and the dude sprinkled little marshmallows on the top and it was so cute. We did a crossword puzzle and Bryan hated it but that's okay because not everyone bases their worth on the completion of word puzzles in the newspaper. We watched Six Feet Under then some movie that confused me and the next day I had a really long lunch with Matt then drove to Liz and Aaron's for dinner. It was a great (long) weekend.

I'm really glad that I got to meet Amanda fairly soon before we leave. We haven't been so good at emailing but I was really afraid that we'd email all the time and I'd have this idea of who she was, and then we'd meet and I'd be totally wrong. Which ended up being pretty true because she's way cooler than I thought she would be. I didn't want to get my hopes up but now I can because I think we'll get along really well. I'm nervous to live with someone who I don't know very well but I think it'll be great for me. Maybe some of that intentional stuff from up there ^

No comments:

Post a Comment