Friday, July 29, 2005

she is sorry and resigned

This blog would be really dumb and boring if I just wrote about what I did on the weekends...Oh...Wait. Shoot.

Kate and I went to Omaha so she could meet the other American on her Mozamique team. It was really interesting. It made me really excited to meet the other American on my team. Although Jennifer (kate's roommate) had met Amanda (mine) at orientation in New York over a year ago and all she had to say was how "sweet" and "nice" she is. I don't think anyone ever describes me as either of those things. It scares me a lot, I usually hate people who are described as sweet. I mean even if I like them as people, I hate that they're "sweet." It just seems so ingenuine and that's something I'm just not okay with. I'm sure it'll be fine, I can get along with people fairly well, right? I mean honestly look at my friends. jkjk. Really my greatest fear about this whole deal is that I'll be spending tons of time with Christians and I'll just acclimate and start using the word "bless" way too often. "Christianity" is so frustrating. I'm not going to start saying "Christ-follower" don't worry.

Talking about TIMO a lot did motivate me to get back to work in preparation stuff. I'm meeting Amanda and some friends of my leaders on August 13 and I hope I'll get pictures to use in a presentation to start raising support. It still seems so far away but it's just not. Pretty soon you'll all have a magnet with my face on it so watch out.

This week is the first one in a while that I'm spending more than a week in Iowa, that's dumb (come visit me). Ok it's time to go to sleep. Last night I kept waking up really angry that I was wearing socks but my feet were cold so I kept them on. Why am I such a fidgety sleeper? Someone look up why it takes me so long to get comfortable and fall asleep and get back to me.

okpeaceout

oh wait, mixtapes to make:

1. songs I <3 by artists I hate

2. covers

3. songs with rain noise in the background (so far i have 'cry me a river' and 'was it you' by spoon)

4. songs with my friend's names ('kate' - ben folds, 'eli the barrow-boy' - decemberists, etc)

5. songs that make me want to move away


i'll keep you posted - let me know what you have to contribute

No comments:

Post a Comment