Tuesday, January 25, 2005

don't even read this

first of all, i had no idea that people felt so strongly about registering email addresses in online contact storage services. whoa guys. whoa.

second of all, just tell me where i'm going. seriously. if i have to pay $600 for you to tell me where i'm going and that i have to raise $60000, do it promptly and also don't make me fill out pages of psychological analysis forms, i have a psychiatrist for that, just ask him.

third of all, new york city = intimidating.

fourth of all, i know...this post sucks.

fifth of all, i am a firm believer that posts only containing song lyrics is kind of a cop-out in this field of emotional expression. therefore i will include them in this random crappy post.


I don’t want to leave here
I don’t want to stay
It feels like pinching to me either way
The places I long for the most
Are the places where I’ve been
They are calling after me like a long lost friend

It’s not about losing faith
It’s not about trust
It’s all about comfortable
When you move so much
The place I was wasn’t perfect
But I had found a way to live
It wasn’t milk or honey
But then neither is this

I’ve been painting pictures of Egypt
Leaving out what it lacked
The future seems so hard
And I want to go back
But the places that used to fit me
Cannot hold the things I've learned
And those roads closed off to me
While my back was turned

The past is so tangible
I know it by heart
Familiar things are never easy to discard
I was dying for some freedom
But now I hesitate to go
Caught between the promise
And the things I know


2 comments:

  1. "pictures of egypt" by sara groves (Conversations)

    i generally really don't like chick singers but the second time i heard this song it made me cry like a baby when i was alone at work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete